-Its original use was as the football field house in 1939.
-Petrie Hall is named for George Petrie who started Auburn football in 1892 and who served as the first football coach.
-George Petrie also wrote the Auburn University Creed.
-Petrie Hall is one of three diagonal buildings on Auburn's campus. The reason that the building is diagonal is because it is aligned with the hash marks of the football field.
It currently houses the Department of Geology.
|The Student Center||2008Houses student organization offices including SGA, UPC, BSU, IMPACT, Office of Greek LifeHome to multiple dining options (Chick - Fil - A, au bon pain, Papa John's, Outtakes, Nathan's, Tiger Fried Chicken/ Auburn Blues BBQ, and StarbucksThe Foy Help Desk (844-4244) was dedicated in the fall of 2008it contains student meeting rooms, study areas, state-of-the-art game room, offices, food areas, Copy Cat, the Tiger Card Office, and other student uses near the center of campusThe Vice - President of Student Affairs Office is located on the 3rd Floor|
-Originally known as the Aerospace Engineering building but it was renamed after Auburn alum Charles E "Buddy" Davis after his significant $4 million dollar contribution to the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering in June 2007.
-Currently houses the Department of Aerospace Engineering as well as many general University classes.
-The Science Center complex was completed in 2005. This complex contains chemistry labs, traditional classrooms and a large lecture hall.
-The Science Center Laboratory Building is a four-story building that houses the undergraduate teaching laboratories for chemistry and biology.
-The Science Center Classroom Building is a two-story building that accommodates classrooms of various sizes as well as the COSAM administrative office.
-Science Center Auditorium seats 300 and provides the means for the latest in technology supplemented instruction and is in use as an undergraduate lecture hall.
-Academic Advising for COSAM takes place here during camp.
|Ramsay Hall||1925Named for Erskine Ramsay, whose support made possible construction of the buildingHouses the pre-engineering programs, Engineering Extension Service, National Center for Asphalt Technology, and the Cooperative Education Program|
-Parker Hall is named after Dr.William Vann Parker, who established the first Ph. D. program here at Auburn.
-COSAM students will register for classes using the computer labs in the basement during camp.
-Parker houses classrooms for math, chemistry and physics.
-There are also computer labs located thorough out the building. Physics labs are located in the basement of Parker Hall.
|VP for Student Affairs||Dr. Ainsley CarryAUSC Suite 3248|
|Stanza 8||And because Auburn men and women believe in these things I believe in Auburn and Love it.|
|Broun Hall (History)||
-Broun Hall was named after the University's fourth president, William Leroy Broun.
-William Leroy Broun is considered be some to be the greatest Auburn man of all time. He was the first to admit women into Auburn in 1892. Also, in 1982, George Petrie introduced football to our great University during Broun's administration.
|The Alumni Center||
-It was built to provide a home for alumni activities in 1989.
-It serves as a meeting place for visiting alumni as well as the SAB and WEGP.
|Haley CenterCurrent Use||1969Haley Center houses the College of Education and the University BookstoreThe top floor is the Eagle's Nest which contains meeting rooms and an observation deck from which the entire campus can be viewed that is accessible only to Student Recruiters, War Eagle Girls, Plainsman, and authorized staff and personnelAdvising for the College of Education and the College of Liberal Arts also takes place here during CampAt 10 stories, Haley is the tallest building in Lee County|
|Walker Pharmacy BuildingCurrent Use||1976Home to Harrison School of Pharmacy|
|Upchurch HallCurrent Use||1930Upchurch Hall is home to the Department of Animal Sciences and several other academic fields within the College of Agriculture|
|Katharine Cooper Cater (Current Use)||-Houses Educational Support Services, the Honors College, and the Center for Academic Career Excellence (Cater Center)|
Rouse Life Sciences Building
-One of two diagonal buildings on Auburn's campus, the other is Petrie hall.
-Currently used to house classes for COSAM, Biological Sciences, Advanced Microscopy, Imaging Laboratory and College of Ag classes are held here.
|Nichols CenterHistory and Interesting Facts||1986the four column portico was transplanted from the original Broun Hall that burned downInside the lobby of the building is a statue called Bold Spirit, an eagle that can be seen as the symbol of the military and as Auburn's mascot|
|Stanza 5||I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all|
|Funchess HallCurrent Usage||1957Funchess Hall is a apart of "Ag Hill"several classes for the College of Agriculture and the College of Sciences and Mathematics are held here|
|Parking Services||Located in a trailer at the west end of the Allison Physics Labs on Duncan Drive|
Marriage and Family Therapy Center (Glanton House)
History: It was originally the Home Economics building.
-Family and youth counseling and education: training center for therapists or grad students with degrees in Marriage and Family Therapy.
-Therapists here are allowed to supervise visits for parents who have lost custody of their children.
|Dudley HallHistory and Interesting Facts||1977It was named after Ralph Dudley, an Auburn graduate in Electrical Engineering, who then went on to earn his Architecture degree|
|Thach Hall History and Interesting Facts||1951Thach is named after Charles Coleman Thach, an A Alum and Auburn's 6th President|
|The Hill Residence Halls (Current Use)||
-The Hill houses men and women in 12 residence halls. Hill rooms are configured in suites consisting of 2 double rooms connected by a bathroom.
-Coed Halls (gender separated by floor): Boyd, Sasnett, Hollifield, Duncan, Toomer, Dobbs, Graves, Dowelll, Dunn, Knapp.
-Female Only Halls: Hall M and Leischuck.
-The mail room for The Hill residents is in Burton Hall.
-1482 students are housed in the Hill.
|Medical ClinicHistory and Interesting Facts||The Director of the Medical Clinic is Dr. Fred Kam, a board certified Internist, and was chosen by his peers as one of the Best Doctors in America|
|Current Use of The Village||-The Village houses men and women in eight residence halls. Sororities are housed in 3 of the halls (Magnolia, Oak and Willow) while the remaining 5 halls (Aubie, Tiger, Eagle, Talon and Plainsman) are coed. Aubie Hall is the Honors Hall in the Village.|
|Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine ArtHistory and Interesting Facts||2003the project began in 1948 with what became known as Auburn University's Advancing American Art Collectionthe building is named for the wife of Albert Smith who made a $3 million dollar donation as a 50th wedding anniversary presentadmission is free for students|