1. (TCO 1) The most accurate method for measuring body fat composition is __________. (Points : 2)
bioelectrical impedence analysis
2. (TCO 2) The primary energy source for aerobic activities is: (Points : 2)
3. (TCO 3) Which of the following BEST describes exercise? (Points : 2)
Any movement produced by muscles that increases energy expenditure
Maximal force or tension level that can be produced by a muscle group
Leisure physical activity that is purposeful, planned, and structured
Ability to move a joint fluidly through the complete range of motion
4. (TCO 4) Joseph plays basketball for his high school team and he is concerned that he is not consuming enough kilocalories to support his activity. Which of the following would be the best indicator that he is not consuming adequate kilocalories? (Points : 2)
His performance has been impaired.
He is losing weight.
His blood glucose levels are low.
His hemoglobin is low.
5. (TCO 5) Which of the following family characteristics is NOT associated with anorexia nervosa? (Points : 2)
Rigid family structure
Angry and disruptive family environment
Avoidance of open discussions to resolve disagreements
None of these are associated with anorexia nervosa.
6. (TCO 6) Which group has the highest incidence of eating disorders? (Points : 2)
7. (TCO 7) Which of the following BEST describes why the body reduces nonvital body functions in untreated anorexia nervosa? (Points : 2)
There is insufficient estrogen to regulate these functions.
The body is trying to maintain normal body temperature.
The body needs to conserve energy.
The individual's activity level is very low.
8. (TCO 8) In which of the following sports are male athletes at greater risk for developing bulimia nervosa? (Points : 2)
9. (TCO 9) Which of the following eating disorders is the most common among men? (Points : 2)
10. (TCO 10) All of the following describe characteristics of the female athlete triad EXCEPT: (Points : 2)