Calculate the amount of heat required to raise the temperature of a 31 sample of water from 8 to 21.
A solution of ethanol (C2H5OH) in water is prepared by dissolving 64.0 mL of ethanol (density = 0.79 g/cm3) in enough water to make 240.0 mL of solution. What is the molarity of the ethanol in this solution?
calculate the quantity of heat produced by 3.40 g butane C4H10
To what volume should you dilute 20 of a 11.0 solution to obtain a 0.130 solution?
what is the net ionic equation for FeCl3(aq)+3NaOH(aq)--->Fe(OH)3(s)+3NaCl(aq)
what mass of natural gas (CH4) must you burn to emit 271kJ of heat? CH4(g)+2O2(g)-CO2(g)+ H2O(g)
how many kilocalories are released by freezing 4.3 mol of H20
Which one of the following compounds is a nonelectrolyte when dissolved in water? A. CH3CH2OH B. ZnBr2 C. LiCl D. Ca(NO3)2 E. KOH
A compound consist of 40.00% carbon, 6.71% hydrogen and 53.29% oxygen and has a molecular mass of 180+- 1g/mole. Determine the empirical and molecular formulas of the compound.
A calorimeter contains 30.0 of water at 11.5. When 1.20 of (a substance with a molar mass of 46.0 ) is added, it dissolves via the reaction and the temperature of the solution increases to 27.5. Calculate the enthalpy change, , for this reaction per mole of . Assume that the specific...
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)