if 7.00 mole of oxygen react with an excess of hydrogen sulfur,how many moles of sulfur dioxide will be produce.
Calculate the hydrogen ion concentration for an aqueous solution that has a pH of 3.45. 1. 0.54 M 2. 2.8 10 11 M 3. 3.5 10 4 M correct 4. 1.22 M 5. 3.2 10 2 M
Given the following pKa values, rank the conjugate bases in order of increasing strength. I) HF pKa = 3.45 II) HCN pKa = 9.31 III) HNO2 pKa = 3.37 IV) HCOOH pKa = 3.75 V) H2CO3 pKa = 6.37 1. II, V, IV, I, III 2. I, II, III, IV, V 3. II, IV, V, III, I 4. V, III, I, II, IV 5. III, I,...
How many moles of carbon are needed to react with 500g of hematite
Why is the value of enthalpy of vaporization of n-pentane at 309.2 K lower than that at 298.15 K? i) The greater volume per mole at the higher temperature indicates greater average intermolecular distances and hence weaker intermolecular forces. ii) The higher temperature indicates greater...
Consider the ionization constants hypochlorous acid (HOCl) : Ka = 3.5 10^ 8; ammonia (NH3) : Kb = 1.8 10^ 5. A solution of ammonium hypochlorite (NH4OCl) is 1. basic, because the cation hydrolyzes to a greater extent than the anion. 2. neutral, because the anion hydrolyzes to a...
What is the daughter nucleus produced when 227Th undergoes alpha decay?
Calculate the work (in kJ) when 1.50 moles of methane react with excess oxygen at 376 K
Zinc metal reacts with hydrochloric acid according to the following equation: Zn + 2HCl --> ZnCl2 + H2. How many grams of hydrogen gas can be obtained if 50.0 g of zinc react completely?
a solution is made by mixing 12 g of NaOH and 77 mL of .210 M HNO3 calculate the concentration of Na ion remaining in solution
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)