Show the mechanism that leads to the major organic product in the following reaction. Make sure to take any stereospecificity into account in your answer.
the decomposition of phosphine half life at 550 degrees celsius is 81.3 seconds. How long does it take for 89% to decompose?
Calculate the density of propanol C3H8O if you know that there are 1.069 1025 molecules of propanol in 1.35 L. 1. 0.0131 g/mL 2. 0.789 g/mL 3. 1.27 g/mL 4. 13.1 g/mL 5. 0.234 g/mL 6. 1.23 g/mL
How many moles are in 63.0 g of (NH4)2Cr2O7? 1. 1.00 mol 2. 4.00 mol 3. 0.250 mol 4. 0.500 mol
Calculate the percentage composition of bar- ium nitrate (Ba(NO3)2). Choose the correct percentages for Ba, N, and O. 1. 52.55% Ba, 10.72% N, 36.73% O 2. 11.11% Ba, 22.22% N, 66.67% O 3. 10.72% Ba, 52.55% N, 36.73% O 4. 50.00% Ba, 10.00% N, 40.00% O 5. 56.54% Ba, 12.54% N, 30.92% O
500 mL of 2Mhydrochloric acid is mixed with 100 mL of 3 M calcium hydroxide. What is in this reaction vessel (in significant amounts) after the reaction has run to completion? 1. water, calcium chloride, Ca2+, and OH 2. water, calcium chloride, HCl molecules, H3O+, and Cl 3. water,...
How many milliliters of a stock solution of 10.8 M HNO3 would you have to use to prepare 0.500 L of 0.450 M HNO3? Please show work!
Select the correct Lewis structures for the following species, including all resonance forms for CH2NO2-
What is the temperature of 10.0 g of oxygen gas at a pressure of 740 mm Hg and a volume of 5600 mL?
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)