Calculate the number of carbon atoms in 0.75 L of acetone (CH3COCH3). (density = 1.3 g/mL and boiling point = 48.5 degrees Celsius) 1. 1.0 1025 atoms 2. 1.0 1022 atoms 3. 3.0 1022 atoms 4. 1.8 1025 atoms 5. 1.8 1022 atoms 6. 3.0 1025 atoms
You are asked to identify compound X (a white, crystalline solid), which was extracted from a plant seized by customs inspectors. An elemental analysis of X shows that the mass percentage composition of the compound is 26.86% C and 2.239% H, with the remainder being oxygen. A mass spectrum...
If 100 grams of copper (Cu) completely react with 25 grams of oxygen to form only CuO with no reactant left over, how many grams of CuO will form from 140 grams of copper and excess oxygen? 1. 160 g 2. 150 g 3. 175 g 4. 200 g
Name the chemical. 77.7% Fe, 22.3% O Molar Mass is 71.85
a sample of H2O with a mass of 46.0 grams has a temperature of -58.0 C. how many joules of energy are necessary to heat the steam from 100.0 degrees Celcius to 114.0 degrees celcius if the specific heat of steam 2.01J/g degrees celcius
How much heat is required to warm 1.70 kg of sand from 20.0 Celsius to 100.0 Celsius?
Unit 4 Homework CHEM100 Fall 2010 Name :_________________________________________ Due Week 9 Sate 9 PM Answer the following questions and submit your answers in WebCT attachment (neatly hand written scanned answers or typed electronic versions are OK). 1. Write the balanced chemical equation...
calculate the number of molecules present in each of the following samples: sample of bezene c6h6 which contains a total of 5.65 mols of carbon
What mass of Mg(NO3)2, (mm = 148.3 g/mole) in grams, is needed to prepare 750 mL of a solution that is 2.86 M in nitrate ion?
What compound X2Y has a molar mass of 110.27 g/mol.?
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)