Under constant pressure conditions, a sample of hydrogen gas initially at 108 degrees celsius and 9.6 liters is cooled until the final volume is 3.4 liters. What is the final temperature?
Flocculant Disinfectant Powder is primarily made from: FeIII + Ca(ClO)2. Would it act as a flocculant in salt water as well as fresh water? I think Na would change the chemical reaction. How?
In determining the percent CH3COOH in vinegar, the mass of each sample was determined rather than its volume. Explain.
the specific heat of water is 4.2J/gC. The energy to melt one gram of ice at 0C to make 1 gram of water at 0C is 33.4J/g. A 7.3 gram cashew is burned. The energy from this combustion is used to melt a 134.5g block of ice, and the excess heat warms the resulting water to 32.5C. What is the total...
How much heat is required to warm 1.50 of water from 26.0 to 100.0 ? (Assume a density of for the water.)
when 2 g of naoh were dissolved in 53.0 g water in a calorimeter at 24.0 C the temperature went up to 33.7 C
Which one of the following is a redox reaction? 2Na(g) + Cl2(g) --> 2NaCl(s) Ba2+(aq) + SO42-(aq) --> BaSO4(s) K2Cr2O7(aq) + 2KOH(aq) --> 2K2CrO4(aq) + H2O(l) Na2CO3(s) + 2HCl(aq) --> 2NaCl(aq) + CO2(g) + H2O(l) H2O(l) --> H+(aq)...
A 4.50g sample of LiCl at 25.0C dissolves in 25.0 mL of water also at 25.0 C. The final equilibrium temperature of the resulting solution is 60.8 C. What is the enthalpy of solution, of LiCl expressed in kilojoules per mole?
Why don't indicators in acid-base reactions influence the pH of the solution? My homework question is on a lab titled, "Ka of an indicator". The question asks, In the experiment, the solutions contained the acid-base pair HIn and IN- as well as HAc and AC-. However, i twas...
how many moles of atoms are contained in 382 g of CO
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)