Iron reacts with chlorine gas as follows: 2 Fe (s) + 3 Cl2 (g) > 2 FeCl3 (s) How much FeCl3(s), in moles, is obtained when 8.00 moles Cl2 react with excess Fe?
A .120 M solution of a weak base has a pH of 11.27. Determine Kb for the base
A 25.00 mL sample of H3PO4 solution is neutralized by exactly 54.93 mL of 0.04345 M Ca(OH)2. What is the molarity of the H3PO4 solution? a. 0.0636 M b. 0.09546 M c. 0.1432 M d. 0.2148 M e. 0.2897 M
Steel wool wetted with vinegar is sealed within a balloon inflated with air. After several hours, what happens to the volume of the balloon?
A piston has an external pressure of 6.00 . How much work has been done if the cylinder goes from a volume of 0.130 liters to 0.650 liters.
A 5.34 g sample of an aluminum alloy is re- acted with hydrochloric acid to produce alu- minum chloride and hydrogen gas. At a tem- perature of 298 Kelvin and a pressure of 1.03 atm, a volume of 1.53 L of hydrogen gas is col- lected. Assuming that the hydrochloric acid only reacts with the...
Which statement is false? 1. The molecules of an ideal gas are rela- tively very far apart on the average. 2. The average kinetic energies of molecules of samples of different ideal gases at different temperatures are different. 3. The molecules of a gas move in unchang- ing curved paths...
The composition of a compound used to make polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is 38.4% C, 4.8% H and 56.8% Cl by mass. It took 7.73 min for a given volume of the compound to ef- fuse through a porous plug, but it took only 6.18 min for the same amount of Ar to diffuse at the same temperature and...
A gas expands and does P-V work on the surroundings equal to 341 J. At the same time, it absorbs 133 J of heat from the surroundings. Calculate the change in energy of the gas.
naphthalene, benzoic acid, and aniline. You can use H2O, HCl, NaOH, and methylene chloride reagent/solvents for answering the question. Note benzoic acid and aniline forms a salt.
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)