What orbital is filled when iodine gains an electron to be become a negative ion?
A compound composed of only C and F contains 17.39% C by mass. What is its empirical formula?
1. Propane, C5H7OH, is a hydrocarbon that is commonly used as fuel for cooking. Calculate the volume of air at 30 C and 1.00 atmosphere that is needed to burn completely 10.0 grams of propane. Assume that air is 21.0 percent O2 by volume.
if 30.0L of oxygen are cooled from 200c to 1c at contant pressure, what is the new volume of oxygen
Determine the volume of a 0.550M KMnO4 solution required to completely react with 2.55g of Zn
Free Energy and Equlibrium Consider the system: A(g) B(g) at 25 C. Assume that G A = 8218 J/mol and G B = 11260 J/mol. Calculate the value of the equilibrium constant for this reaction. ans : 1pts A non-equilibrium mixture of 1.00 mol of A(g) (partial...
What is the name of Co(NH3)5NO22+ complex ion?
crystals unit cell
The brown gas NO2 and the colorless gas N2O4 exist in equilibrium, 2NO2 N2O4. In an experiment, 0.625 mole of N2O4 was introduced into a 5.00 L vessel and was allowed to decompose until equilibrium was reached. The concentration of N2O4 at equilibrium was 0.0750 M. Calculate Kc for the...
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)