How quickly must a 145.7-g baseball travel in order to have a de Broglie wavelength that is equal to that of an x-ray photon with 73.0 pm?
A nitrogen atom is the central atom in laughing gas, N2O, dinitrogen oxide, which has the following characteristics: a. Bent, polar b. Bent, nonpolar c. Linear, polar d. Trigonal planar, nonpolar e. Linear, nonpolar
what is the delta Hrxn for 2KOH + H2SO4-> K2SO4 + 2H2O
Suppose that the microwave radiation has a wavelength of 10.8cm . How many photons are required to heat 225ml of coffee from 25.0degrees c to 62.0 degres c ? Assume that the coffee has the same density, 0.997g/ml , and specific heat capacity, 4.184J/(g x k) , as water over this temperature range.
How much heat is required to raise the temperature of 73.5 g of water from its melting point to its boiling point?
A beaker with 105 mL of an acetic acid buffer with a pH of 5.00 is sitting on a benchtop. The total molarity of acid and conjugate base in this buffer is 0.100 M. A student adds 5.50 mL of a 0.300 \it M \rm HCl solution to the beaker. How much will the pH change? The pKa of acetic acid is 4.760.
Classify these molecules as polar or nonpolar. H2O, CCl4, HF, BCl3, CH3Cl, H2S, H2
how much heat in kJ is required to warm 10.0 g of ice, initially at -10.0 celcius, to steam 110.0 degrees celcius?
what mass of CH4 must you burn to emit 265 kJ of heat with the equation CH4(g)+ 2O2(g)->CO2(g)+2H2O(g)
Calculate the amount of heat transferred when 46.0 g of CH3OH is decomposed by this reaction at constant pressure.
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)