Given the redox reaction: 2I-(aq) + Br2(l) 2Br-(aq) + I2(s) What occurs during this reaction? The I- ion is oxidized, and its oxidation number increases. The I- ion is oxidized, amd its oxidation number decreases. The I- ion is reduced, and its oxidation number increases. The I- ion...
calculate the concentration (M) of sodium ion by diluting 50.0ml of 0.874 M solution sodium sulfide to a total volume of 250.0ml
A flask contains 3.0 mol of H2 and 1 mol N2 gas, which reacts as shown below. 3H2 + N2 ---> 2NH3 If 2.0 mol of H2 is added to the flask, the reaction rate will...
Determine [H3O+] for solutions with the pH value 7.5.
a mass of 2.50 g of hydrated copper sulfate is placed in a crcible and heated. on heating, 1.59 g of white anhydrous copper sulfate is left behind. determine the ratio of water to copper sulfate
Why are there small umps in the 1st ionization energy energies of the elements as you move across a period?
Name each of the following compounds. Assume the acids are dissolved in water. A. HC2H3O2 B. NH4NO2
Calculate the energy change for the reaction K(g) + I(g) K+(g) + I (g) given the following ionization energy (IE) and electron affinity (EA) values. K: 419 kJ/mol (IE) 48 kJ/mol (EA) Br: 1010 kj/mol (IE) 295 kJ/mol (EA)
at equilibrium, HA has a concentration of .94 M and its conjugate base has a concentration of .06 M. calculate the Ka and Ph of this solution.
If a student starts with 615g of Co(NO3)2 and obtains a 57.3% yield of CoS, what mass of CoS is isolated? Co(NO3)2 +K2S ---> CoS + 2KNO3
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)