Chlorine gas (Cl2) forms when two chlorine atoms share an electron. What type of bonding is present in chlorine gas?
if 200 g of water 20C absorbs 41840 J of heat, what will its final temperature be?
why is it not neccessary to measure the volume acetic anhydride to 2 decimal places in the preparation of aspirin
what is the lewis dot structure for strontium nitride?
Calculate the percent ionization of benzoic acid at 0.00018M.
How much energy (in kilojoules ) is required to convert 100 ml of water at its boiling point from liquid to vapor, and how does this compare with the result calculated in problem 8.50 for diethyl ether?
how many grams of C5H10O2 need to be dissolved in 50 mL of solution, in order to have a 0.1 molar solution?
how much energy is released when 2.55 kg of diethyl ether freezes
The enthalpy of fusion of water is 6.0 kJ/molrxn and that of methanol (CH3OH) is 3.2 kJ/molrxn. Which solid, water or methanol, has the larger intermolecular forces? Predict whether the enthalpy of fusion of C2H6 will be larger than, less than, or the same of that of methanol.
explain whether the photons emitted by a bright light bulb are more energetic than those emitted by a dim light bulb of the same color
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)