Rank the following compounds in order of increasing acid strength (1 = weakest, 4 = strongest) HClO HClO3 HClO2 HClO4
Draw the structure of the diacetylferrocene you would obtain if ferrocene were diacetylated.
How much heat is given off when 24.0g of methane is burned in air?
Assuming that the reaction SO2(g) + H2O(l) --> H2SO3(l)is quantitative, how much sulfurous acid is formed when 100.0 g of sulfur dioxideare mixed with 60.0 g of water?
Explain how to correct for the partial of water vapor when calculating the partial pressure of a dry gas is collected over water?
How much heat is needed to heat 6.93 grams of ice fro -13 degrees celsius to 25 degrees celsius?
2 Cu (s) + S (s) Cu2S (s) S (s) + O2 (g) SO2 (g) Cu2S (s) + 2 O2 (g) 2 CuO (s) + SO2 (g) Overall reaction: Heat of formation for CuO (s)
a mixture contains 76.5% NaCl
what is the acid dissociation constant of a weak acid if a concentration of 0.3 M gives a hydrogen ion concentration of 0.001M?
why must a balanced chemical equation be used when determining Keq?
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)