Calculate the amount of heat needed to melt 2.00kg or iron at its melting point 1809K given that Hfus=13.80
"during petroleum refining catalysts play an extremely important role during the"
A steel reaction vessel has a movable piston that is set to allow an enclosed sample of gas expand and contract against a constant external pressure of 1.12 atm. A 2.50-g sample of PCl5 (g) is placed in this vessel at a temperature of 250 C and a pressure of 1.12 atm. The temperature is...
The volume of 350. mL of gas at 25C is decreased to 125 mL at constant pressure. What is the final temperature of the gas
in a solution, which component is considered the solvent?
A small drop of water assumes an almost spherical form on a Teflon surface. Explain why.
Addition of small amounts of oxaloacetate or malate to suspensions of minced pigeon-breast muscle stimulated the oxygen consumption of the preparation. Surprisingly, when the amount of oxygen consumed was measured, it was about 7 times more than the amount necessary to oxidize the added...
how many moles of waer can be made from 4 moles of oxygen gas and 16 moles of hydrogen gas? what is the limiting reagent?
2 AL subscript2 (CO subscript3)subscript3, how many atoms?
use the activity series of metals to write a balanced chemical equation for this single replacement reaction Au(s) + KNO3 (aq)
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)