Theoretically, the cis,trans and cis,cis isomers of dba can be formed just as readily as the trans,trans isomer; however, the reaction exclusively forms the trans,trans isomer why?
Given the concentration of either hydrogen ion or hydroxide ion, use the ion product constant of water to calculate the concentration of the other ion at 298K A. [H+]= 1.0*10^-4 B. [OH-]=1.3*10^-2 for A do you subtract 1.0*10^-14? and for B do you divide 1.0*10^-14 and 1.3*10^-2
determine the freezing points of each 0.20m aqueous solution: (a) K2SO4 (b)CsNO3 (c) Al(NO3)3
conversion of Cl2(g) to Cl-(aq)
why does conduction, convection and advection not occur in the space?
We are preparing an a,b-unsaturated ketone via Michael and aldol condensation reactions. The reactants are trans-chalcone and ethyl acetoacetate (in ethanol and NaOH). This creates 6-ethoxycarbonyl-3,5-diphenyl-2-cyclohexenone. What I'm wondering is: Why is it possible to separate...
Assuming an element's half- life is 3.9 years. How much of 2 grams of the element would remain after 10.8 years?
oxidation numbers for Na2O
When 0.945 g of CaO is added to 200.0 mL of 0.500 M HCl(aq), a temperature increase of 387C is observed. Assume the solution's final volume is 200.0 mL, the density is 1.00 g/mL, and the heat capacity is 4.184 J/gC. (Note: Pay attention to significant figures. Do not round until the...
determine the oxidation number of each underlined element? k2s naclo4
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)