6. Your first project in your new lab is to purify the protein Rock Band (RB) which is known to be phosphorylated by the kinase Heavy Metal Drummer (HMD). As the new kid on the block, you are tasked with purifying tons of HMD for the lab to use. You first attempt to purify the kinase using...
You decide to use gel filtration. This works brilliantly and you determine that your protein is 80kDa at the same time. But wait! The gene that corresponds to HMD predicts a protein of only 38kDa. What are two potential causes of this discrepancy? How will you determine which is correct?
3. Consider a completely unstructured dna chain of length 5200 base pairs. Based on a random walk model, the root mean square distance (r) can be approximated as: r = d(N)1/2 where d is the average distance between neighboring bases (3.4 ) and N is the number of segments in the chain: A)...
4NH3(g) + 5O2(g) ---> 4NO(g) + 6H2O(g) In a particular experiment, 2.25 g of NH3 and 3.75 g of O2 are placed in a container and allowed to react. How many grams of NO will have been formed when all of the limiting reactant has been consumed?
two substances in glass beaker chemically react, and the glass breaker becomes too hot to touch
The energy of a photon that has a wavelength of 9.0 m is _____ J.
A solution is prepared by mixing 78.0 mL of 5.00 M HCl and 29.0 mL of 8.00 M HNO3. Water is then added until the final volume is 1.00 L. Calculate [H+ ], [OH-] and pH.
the density of aluminum is 2.7 g/cm cubed, if the volume of this object is 12ml, what is the mass of the grams?
c0nvert 5.4*10^-4 to pOH
61. Suppose a 24.3-mL sample of helium gas at 25 C and 1.01 atm is heated to 50. C and compressed to a volume of 15.2 mL. What will be the pressure of the sample?
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)