1. When performing a Friedel-Crafts alkylation reaction, not only does one have the problems of multiple alkylation and rearrangement of the cation, but the presence of strong electron donating groups prevents reaction. Provide an explanation for this. 2. Metallocenes, like ferrocene cannot be...
Carbon tetrachloride, CCl4, is nonpolar. What forces hodl the molecules together?
What is the compound sodium hydroxide?
a milkshake is sipped though a straw at the noted pressure the straw contains 5.0 mL of liquid how much liquid is consumed at 0.092 atm?
Will a precipitate form when 1.00L of 0.150M iron(II) chloride solution is mixed with 2.00L of 0.0333M sodium hydroxide solution?
salt has the greatets solubility in water at the 25c
what is soluble
A rigid container of O2 has a pressure of 340 kPa at a temperature of 713 K. What is the pressure at 273 K? Show your work.
Calculate the decrease in temperature when 2.00 L at 20.0 degrees Celsius is compressed to 1.00 L.
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)