HyperChem puts it in one of the two degenerate HOMO orbitals. Display these two orbitals and paste them into your report. If the electron were confined to one of them, this would suggest preferential location on some carbons. Is this likely? What if the unpaired electron is shared between the...
(c) How does changing the pH of the cathode compartment influence the spontaneity of this reaction?
What is the sequence of filling orbitals in a poly-electronic atom?
8. The amount of energy needed to heat 2.00 g of carbon from 50.0 C to 80.0 C is 42.6 J. The specific heat capacity of this sample of carbon is a) 0.710 J/g C b) 639 J/g C c) 0.355 J/g C d) 1.42 J/g C 9. Which of the following describes a chemical property of gold? A) Gold is a yellow metal b)...
(5) Thermodynamic Influences Gibbs Free Energy and the Chemical Potential What makes a reaction spontaneous?
The specific heat of water is 4.18 J/g-K. Ans: 4.4 Given the following compounds: CH3Cl; CH3Br; CH3I. Which of them would you expect to have the a) weakest intermolecular forces? B) largest heat of vaporization? C) highest boiling point at 1 atm? D) the largest vapor pressure at -30C?
629). Pre-Lab Questions: 1. 2. 3. 4. TLC and column chromatography are examples of a "solid-liquid" partitioning technique. What is meant by this? What is the solid? What is the liquid? Explain why organic compounds containing more polar functional groups migrate more...
Explain why if benzoic acid were substituted for 2-methoxyphenylacetic acid in this experiment the enantiomeric ratio of the yeast reduction product could not be determined by 1 H NMR. If you begin with 50 mmol of benzaldehyde, and all 4 steps in your synthesis proceed in 100% yield and you were...
2 H2O2(liq) ---> 2 H2O(g) + O2(g) Decompose 1.1 g of H2O2 in a flask with a volume of 2.50 L. What is the pressure of O2 at 25 oC? Of H2O?
Exploratory Lab #1: Sink or Swim Virtual Chem Lab 2-5: Names and Formulas of Ionic Compounds Virtual Chem Lab 7-1: Flame Tests for Metals Exploratory Lab #2: Precipitation Stoichiometry Exploratory Lab #3: How Strong is Your Bleach?
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)