(53585) This print-out should have 8 questions. Multiple-choice questions may continue on the next column or page Find all choices before answering. What is the highest temperature at which the substance can exist as a liquid?
12. a) In the preparation of 1-bromobutane from 1-butanol why was acid necessary for the reaction to occur? B) During the preparation of 1-bromobutane from 1-butanol the reaction mixture was initially homogenous.
9. A mixture of He, Ne and Ar has a total pressure of 0.80 atm and is found to contain 0.55 mol He, 0.94 mol Ne and 0.35 mol Ar. What is the partial pressure (in atm) of each gas? 10. Which group includes only exothermic processes? Cu(s) + H2SO4(aq) 11. In the reaction shown below, which...
4. Aluminum has a face-centered cubic unit cell. If the atomic radius of aluminum is 125 pm, what is the edge length of the unit cell? A) 177 pm B) 354 pm C) 217 pm D) 500 pm E) 250 pm 3. The meniscus of mercury curves downward in a glass tube forming a "" shape.
Cu2+ + Ag D) CH4 + O2 CO2 + H2O E) both A and B 23. Draw a Lewis structure for H3C--NO2. Both oxygen atoms are directly attached to the nitrogen atom. What is the formal charge on the nitrogen atom? A) -3 B) +1 C) +3 D) -1 E) 0 24. A 55.25 gallon container was filled with an industrial...
30. What are the conditions for STP? 31. What is the density of ammonia at STP?
Ozonolysis of A followed by dimethyl sulfide reduction produces a single optically active compound C, C5H8O2. Reduction of C with ethereal LiAlH4 affords optically active compound D (C5H12O2) of the (S)-configuration. The 13C NMR spectrum of D is shown below. What are the structures of A-D?
Is the solubility of a cation predictable from the position of its element in the Periodic Table? Is precipitate color predictable from the position of the cations element in the Periodic Table?
He(g) N2(g) N2(l) H2O(l) H2(g) a. He(g) b. N2(l), H2O(l) c. He(g), N2(g) & H2(g) d. N2(g), H2O(l) & H2(g) e. He(g) & H2O(l) Given: HgO(s) Which of the following species would need to appear in a Heat of Formation table at 25 C and 1 atm?
Harris, Chapter 1, problem 32: What is the density of 53.4% aqueous NaOH if 16.7 mL of the solution diluted to 2.00L gives 0.169M NaOH?
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)