A gas is enclosed in a 10.0 L tank at 1200 mm Hg pressure. Which of the following is a reasonable value for the pressure when the gas is pumped into a 5.00 L vessel?
A gas is enclosed in a cylinder fitted with a piston. The volume of the gas is 2.00 L at 1.00 atm pressure. The piston is moved to increase the volume to 6.00 L. Which of the following is a reasonable value for the pressure of the gas at the greater volume?
A certain oxygen atom has the electron configuration 1s22s22px22py2. How many unpaired electrons are present? Is this an excited state of oxygen? In going from this state to the ground state would energy be released or absorbed?
1.0 molar barium chlloride is mixed with 1.0 Molar copper (II) sulfate
68. A radioactive substance that has a half-life of 20 days. If you were given a pound of the radioactive substance, how will be present in 40 days?
1. A quantity of 0.20 mol of carbon dioxide was heated to a certain temperature with an excess of graphite in a closed container until the following equilibrium was reached: C (s) + CO2 (g) <--> 2CO (g) Under these conditions, the average molar mass of the gas was 35 g/mol....
4 NH3(g) + 5 O2(g) 4 NO(g) + 6 H2O(g) In a certain experiment, 4.30 g of NH3 reacts with 7.48 g of O2. (a) Which is the limiting reactant?
draw the structure of the expected dichlorocarbene adduct of methyl methacrylate. another product could have been obtained. It is the chloroform adduct to the double bond (Michael type reaction). what would this structure look like
what factors contribute to reaching the correct endpoint of titration for Determination of Ascorbic Acid in Vitamin C Tablets by Titration with Potassium
The heat capacity of a bomb calorimeter is found to be 5.68 kJ/oC. When a 1.652 g sample of glucose is burned in the calorimeter, the temperature of the calorimeter increases from 24.56 oC to 29.10 oC. Calculate the heat of combustion of glucose.
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)