For the acid-base reaction (called titration) of sulfuric acid (H2SO4) with sodium hydroxide (NaOH), how many moles of sodium hydroxide would be required to react with 1.03 L of 0.500 M sulfuric acid to reach the complete neutralization (endpoint)?
The solubility of Mg(OH)2(s) in water at a certain temperature is 1.2 x 10 to the -4 mol/L. Calculate the value of Ksp for Mg(OH)2(s) at this temperature.
hich is the best sequence of steps for carrying out the synthesis shown? a. (1) SOCl2; (2) Mg, diethyl ether; (3) (CH3)2CHBr b. (1) (CH3)2CHMgBr in diethyl ether followed by H3O+; (2) Na2Cr2O7, H2O, H2SO4 c. (1) LiAlH4 in diethyl ether followed by H3O+; (2) PCC, CH2Cl2; (3)...
You are asked to study the effect of temperature on the volume of a balloon. The balloon's size increases as it is warmed. What is the independent variable? Dependent variable? What factor is held constant? How would you construct a control?
why Ph3CCO2H in conc H2SO4 gives MeOCPh3 when poured in methanol
What is the rise in temperature when 900 Kgs of chlorine will react with 600 Kgs of NaOH
why methyl bromide is a polar covalent bond
4KO2(s) + 2CO2(g) = 2K2CO3(s) + 3O2(g) If 5.00g of potassium super-oxide is added to 9.00g of carbon dioxide (a) what mass of potassium carbonate is produced? (b) what volume of oxygen is produced at S.T.P? (c)what is the mass of excess reactant after the reaction ois complete?
How many minutes are in 2.000 hours? Be sure to report your answer to the correct number of significant figures.
why it is necessary to use deionized water when testing the conductivity of aqueous solution
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)