Given the reaction 2C2H2(g) + 5O2(g) ! 4CO2(g) + 2H2O(g) , how much oxygen gas is needed for the complete combustion of 167 g of acetylene (C2H2)? Answer in units of g
How many calories are required to warm 15.0 g of water from 75 C to 100.0 C and convert it to steam at 100.0 C? The heat of vaporization of water is 540 cal/g.
What is the product of the following reaction?
Complete the following reaction by supplying the missing reactant()s):
What is the number of the carbon atom that determines whether the carbohydrate is the a- or B-pryranose form?
How much heat (in kj) is evolved in converting 1 mol of steam at 135 degrees celsius to ice at -50 degrees c?
Calculate the mass in grams for a sample of aluminum that absorbs 1.40 when its temperature rises from 66 to 194.
Rank the enthalpy of solution from most exothermic to most endothermic. To rank items as equivalent, overlap them.
3. The pH increased from 5.8, the normal pH of a cigarette , to pH 6.4 by addition of ammonia. How many moles of ammonia are required to produce this pH change per cigarette (volume approx. 5ml)?(Assume that no unprotonated ammonia will exist at pH 6.4)
Is PbCO3 (s) PbO (s) + CO2 (g) a combination reaction?
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)