4. Propylene oxide (C3H6O) is produced by the oxidation of propylene (C3H6), according to the reaction: 2 C3H6 + O2 2 C3H6O There is also an unwanted side reaction: C3H6 + O2 3CO2 + 3H2O The stream entering the reactor contains...
A hiker in a thunderstorm loses heat when her clothing becomes wet. She is packing emergency rations which if completely metabolized will release 30 kJ of heat per gram of rations consumed. How much rations must the hiker consume to avoid a reduction of body temperature of 4.0K as a result of...
What volume of concentrated nitric acid (15.0 M) is required to make 300 mL of a 2.5 M nitric acid solution?
If a 180 mg piece of gold (density= 19.32 g/cm^3) is hammered into a sheet measuring 2.5x1.0 ft what is the average thickness of the sheet in water? What is the answer in meters?
) A weighing dish containing an impure sample of benzoic acide was found to weigh 12.35g. the weighing dish weighs 8.22g. The impure benzoic acid was recrystallized and thoroughly dried. The recrystallized benzoic acid weighed 2.48g. What is the percent recovery of the benzoic acid?
Movement of electrolytes and water between intracellular and interstitial fluid: Electrolytes move across the cell membrane with (along) their concentration gradient through _____ and against their concentration gradient through _____. Electrolyte concentrations affect the movement of water...
1. Calculate the molality of a solution of 1.45 g of glucose C6H12O6 and 35.0 g H2O.
Magnesium burns in air with a dazzling brilliance to produce magnesium oxide: 2 Mg (s) + O2 (g) 2 MgO (s) When 4.00 g of magnesium burns, the theoretical yield of magnesium oxide is __________ g. A) 4.00 B) 6.63 C) 0.165 D) 3.32 E) 13.3 Stoichiometry
what is the name for Rb_2S_2O_3
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)