The laser in Blu-Ray players emits light at 405 nm. Lasers can emit light in short bursts called pulses. The number of photons emitted during a pulse is dependent on the length of the pulse as well as the power/intensity of the laser. Calculate the total energy emitted, in J, for a blu-ray laser...
Calculate the pH of a solution made by adding 62 g of sodium acetate, NaCH3COO, to 30. g of acetic acid, CH3COOH, and dissolving in water to make 600. mL of solution.
What is the molality of a sodium chloride solution if 4.3 grams of the salt is added to 998 g of water
What is the pH of rainwater (no buffering) if the current concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is 390 ppm? What is the concentration of carbonate ion in this system?
Calculate the amount of heat required to completely sublime 29.0 g of solid dry ice CO2 at its sublimation temperature. The heat of sublimation for carbon dioxide is 32.3
You are given two clear solutions of the same unknown monoprotic acid, but with different concentrations. Which statement is true?
When two atoms of 2H are fused to form one atom of 4He, the total energy evolved is 3.83 X 10 12 J. What is the total change in mass for this reaction?
A 62g piece of ice at 0 degrees C is added to a sample of water at 6 degrees C. All of the ice melts and the temp of water decreases to 0 degrees C. How many grams of water were in the sample?
Oxygen makes up 46.7 \% by mass of the Earth's crust. How many grams of oxygen are present if a sample of the Earth's crust has a mass of 335 g
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)