A 0.506-g sample of a compound is dissolved in enough water to form 100.0 mL of solution. This solution has an osmotic pressure of 2.42 atm at 25 C. If each molecule of the solute dissociates into two particles (in this solvent), what is the molar mass of this solute?
You have gone back in time and are working with Dalton. He is working on a table of relative masses, and these are his data: 0.602 g gas A reacts with 0.295 g gas B 0.172 g gas B reacts with 0.401 g gas C 0.320 g gas A reacts with 0.374 g gas C a. Assuming simplest formulas (AB, BC, AC),...
Which of the following statements about protons are false? Protons have about the same mass as neutrons. Protons have about the same mass as electrons. Some atoms do not have any protons. Protons have the magnitude of charge as neutrons, but are opposite in sign.
A balloon filed with 39.1 mol helium has a volume of 876 L at 0.0 oC and 1.00 atm pressure. The temperature of the balloon is increased to 38 oC as it expands to a volume of 998 L, the pressure remaining constant. Calculate E for the helium in the balloon (CHe = 20.8 J/oC mol). Stuck?
Ethyl alcohol has a density of 0 .791 g/cm^3 at 20 degrees celius. How many milliliters are needed to have 35.0 g of liquid?
What quantity of KNO3 is present in 326 mL of a 0.50 M solution?
a student was asked to identify and unknown hydrate after heating and cooling a 2.752g of the unknown weighted 1.941g What is the percent water in the unknown ? could the unknown be Sr(No3)2*4h20
what is the period number of oxygen?
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)