Suppose you had 1.00 mole of pennies (each penny has a thickness of 0.059 inches) and you stacked them one of top of each other to make a very tall pile. You set off from the bottom of the pile in a space craft that can travel at the speed of light (3.00 x 108 m/s). How long, in years, will it...
2 mol SO2 was initially present in a flask. How many moles of SO3 must be formed in order to have an 89% yield?
is melts at 1410 celsius a physical or chemical property?
How Many mililiters of .218M HCl are needed to react with 21.2g of CaCO3
MgNH4PO4 6H2O loses H2O stepwise as it is heated. Between 40 C and 60 C the monohydrate is formed and above 100C the anhydrous material is formed. what are the phosphorus percentages of the monohydrate and anhydrous material?
how to convert 64.7 degree celsius to cm3?
How many moles of NH4Cl in 25.5 gr
Lysine, an essential amino acid in the human body, contains C, H, O, and N. In one experiment, the complete combustion of 2.175 g of lysine gave 3.94 g CO2 and 1.89 g H2O. In a separate experiment, 1.873 g of lysine gave 0.436 g NH3. (a) Calculate the empirical formula of lysine. (b) The...
What mass in kg of NH3 must be used to produce 3.9 106 kg HNO3 by the Ostwald process, assuming 100% yield in each reaction?
A reaction occurs between 7.5g of Al metal, 24.8g of Cl2 to form AlCl3. compute the theoritical yeild of the product in grams
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)