A chemist wants to make 6.0 of a 0.270 solution. What mass of (in ) should the chemist use?
If 18.0 mL of 0.800 M~\rm HCl solution are needed to neutralize 5.00 \rm mL of a household ammonia solution, what is the molar concentration of the ammonia?
Which of the following is a property of acid solutions? a. sour taste c. change red litmus to blue b. slippery feel d. more than one response is correct A 25.00 mL sample of hydrochloric acid solution, HCl, is titrated with 0.0512 M NaOH solution. The volume of NaOH solution required is 21.68...
Identify the oxidizing agent and the reducing agent for \rm Ba(s) + Cl_2(g) \to BaCl_2(s)?
Gold sells for $1120/oz. One ounce is equal to 28.35g. The molar mass of gold is 196.97g/mol. 1 moldovian franc contains 0.567g of gold. If 1 franc = $1.42, how many atoms of gold are presents in 0.010 moldovian francs?
molarity of 38.0 g of ethanol (C2H5OH) in 545 mL of solution
how can you tell if a substitution is mono?
What is the significance of high pressure used in HPLC?
What minimum mass of succimer (in ) is needed to bind all of the lead in a patient's bloodstream? Assume that patient blood lead levels are 45 micrograms/dL , that total blood volume is 5.0 , and that one mole of succimer binds one mole of lead
Imagine that you have a 5.50 L gas tank and a 4.00 L gas tank. You need to fill one tank with oxygen and the other with acetylene to use in conjunction with your welding torch. If you fill the larger tank with oxygen to a pressure of 155 atm, to what pressure should you fill the acetylene tank...
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)