A solution was made by taking 11.40 g of an unknown nonelectrolyte and dissolving it in 150.0 g of cyclohexane
A student placed 16.0 of glucose in a volumetric flask, added enough water to dissolve the glucose by swirling, then carefully added additional water until the 100.- mark on the neck of the flask was reached. The flask was then shaken until the solution was uniform. A 50.0-sample of this glucose...
When 154 mL water at 37 C is mixed with 66 mL water at 69 C, what is the final temperature? (Assume that no heat is lost to the surroundings and that the density of water is 1.00 g/mL.)
Sodium carbonate ( Na_2CO_3) is used to neutralize the sulfuric acid spill. How many kilograms of sodium carbonate must be added to neutralize 5.04 103 kg of sulfuric acid solution?
Arrange the following substances in order of increasing mass percent of carbon. a. caffine, C8H10N4O2 b. sucrose, C12H22O11 c. ethanol, C2H5OH
Which of the following is the correct electron-dot structure for carbon?
how many calories does it take to heat 145 g of water from 22.3 degrees Celsius to 75 degrees Celsius
For the reaction shown, calculate how many moles of NH_3 form when each of the following completely reacts. 3N_2 H_4 ( l ) -->4NH_3 ( g ) + N_2 ( g ) Given 5.4 mol N_2H_4
A student placed 10.5 g of glucose (C6H1206) in a volumetric flask, added enough water to dissolve the glucose by swirling, then carefully added additional water until the 100.- mark on the neck of the flask was reached. The flask was then shaken until the solution was uniform. A 35.0-mL sample...
A gas occupying a volume of 416 mL at a pressure of 0.970 atm is allowed to expand at constant temperature until its pressure reaches 0.541 atm. What is its final volume? 746 mL
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)