what is the mass in grams of 2.25mol of the element iron?
A 26.9 g gram sample of impure potassium nitrate (KNO3) was heated to complete decomposition according to the equation: 2KNO3(s) --> 2KNO2(s) + O2(g) After the reaction was complete, the solid residue, consisting of KNO2 and the original impurities, had a mass of 24.1 g. Assuming...
why is temperature a measure of molecular motion instead of heat
How many grams of commercial acetic acid (97% by mass) must be allowed to react with an excess of to produce 83 of acetyl chloride , if the reaction has a 81.2 yield?
how many moles of HF are required to dissolve .50 mol of Na2Sio3
A solution is prepared by mixing 35.0 mL of 0.10 M acetic acid with 15.0 mL of water?
A student placed 11.0 g of glucose C6H12O6 in a volumetric flask, added enough water to dissolve the glucose by swirling, then carefully added additional water until the 100 mL mark on the neck of the flask was reached. The flask was then shaken until the solution was uniform. A 60.0 mL sample of...
b. The density of titanium metal is 4.51g/cm3 at 25 C. What mass of titanium displaces 65.8mL of water at 25 C?
Phosgene (COCl2) is a nasty gas used occa- sionally in warfare. It blisters your lungs! Consider the following thermodynamic data: COCl2(g) CO(g) + Cl2(g) at 600 K, Kp is 1.2 10 3. If you put 1 atm of COCl2(g) into a vessel of fixed volume and hold the temperature at 600 K, what...
The system H2(g) + I2(g) 2HI(g) is at equilibrium at a fixed temperature with a partial pressure of H2 of 0.200 atm, a partial pressure of I2 of 0.200 atm, and a partial pres- sure of HI of 0.100 atm. An additional 0.32 atm pressure of HI is admitted to the con- tainer, and it is...
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)