is BeCl2 a lewis base or acid?
1. Nitrogen and oxygen gases react to form dinitrogen trioxide gas. 2 N2(g) + 3 O2(g) 2 N2O3(g) At a certain temperature and pressure 4.2 L of N2 reacts with 6.3 L of O2. If all the N2 and O2 are consumed, what volume of N2O3, at the same temperature and pressure, will be produced? (L)
Without doing any calculations, determine the sign of Delta S sysfor each of the following chemical reactions.
Lab Handout - "The Chemistry of Winemaking; The biosynthesis of Ethanol. 1.) By using yeast, can glucose and fructose be converted to ethanol? 2.) What are the other side products present in this biocatytic reaction? 3.) Name the principal enzymes taking part in this bioconversion. To...
Calcium oxide, or lime, is produced by the thermal decomposition of limestone in the reaction CaCOmc062-1.jpg(s) mc062-2.jpg CaO(s) + COmc062-3.jpg(g). What mass of lime can be produced from 1.5 mc062-4.jpg 10mc062-5.jpg kg of limestone?
What is the magnitude of the change in pH when 0.005 moles of HCl is added to 0.100 L of a buffer solution that is 0.100 M in CH3CO2H and 0.100 M NaCH3CO2?
15.7 g NaCL in 100.0g H2O
A solution contains ion and ion. The addition of 1.00 of 1.50 solution is required to cause the complete precipitation of these ions as and . The total mass of the precipitate is 50.0 .Find the mass of in the original solution.
A sample weighing 25g starts at 99 degrees celsius. It is put in a calorimeter containing 100g water. The water temperature begins at 20 degrees and both water and sample reach equilibrium at 32 degrees. What is the specific heat of the sample?
Choose the BEST reagent for carrying out each of the following conversions
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)