The calcium oxide is added to seawater, and a number of changes occur. First calcium oxide reacts with water to form calcium hydroxide. what is the word equation for this? and the balanced equation?
__1.a condition that damages or weakens part of the body __2.the passing of characteristics from parents to their children __3.an organism or virus that causes disease __4.pathogens that can be seen only with a microscope __5.the smallest microbes that cause disease __6.the pathogens that...
Write the conjugate acid for each of the following bases. (a) NH2- chemPad Help . . .....NH3 . . ... (b) CO32- chemPad Help . . .....HCO3- . . ... (c) SO42- chemPad Help . . .....HSO4- . . ... (d) S2- chemPad Help . . .....HS- ....
170mL of O2 gas is collected over water at 25 degrees C and the total pressure is 742 mm Hg. The vapor pressure of water is 23.8 mm Hg at this temperature. What would the volume of the dry gas be at STP? ( hint Daltons Law and Combination Law are involved here) *if you would please show me the...
how many grams of solute are needed to prepare 200 mL of a 0.400 M solution of magnesium chloride?
If the molar solubility of CaF2 at 35oC is 1.24 X 10-3 mol/L, what is Ksp at this temperature?
which best describes a solid has no definite shape has no definite volume tightly bound pattern of molecules loose pattern of molecules
Which one of the following is a redox reaction? Question 4 answers A. K2Cr2O7(aq) + 2KOH(aq) 2K2CrO4(aq) + H2O(l) B. Na2CO3(s) + 2HCl(aq) 2NaCl(aq) + CO2(g) + H2O(l) C. Ba2+(aq) + SO42-(aq) BaSO4(s) D. 2Na(g) + Cl2(g) 2NaCl(s) E. H2O(l) H+(aq) + OH-(aq)
Calculate the value of delta S when 2.00 mol of CH3OH(l) is vaporized at 64.7 degrees C .
Calculate the standard reduction potential and standard apparent free energy change for the transfer of a pair of electrons from FADH2 to 1/2O2. Show all calculations
Ask a new Chemistry Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
- 1. For organic chemistry, what is a concerted shift? How do things like acids or heat affect them? What other factors affect them?
2. Which of the following reactions is an acid-base neutralization reaction? Why are the rest of the answers incorrect?
- A. AgNo3 (aq) + NaI (aq) --> AgI (s) + NaNO3 (aq)
- B. S8(s) + 8O2 (g) --> 8SO2(g)
- C. Na3PO4 (s) + 2H2O (l) --> H2 (g) + 2NaOH (aq)
- D. Ca (OH)2 (aq) + 2HI (aq) --> CaI2(aq) + 2H2O (l)