laurel inc has a debt outstanding with a coupon rate of 6%25 and a yield to maturity of 7%25. its rate is 35%25. what is laurel effective after tax cost of debt
In the month of June, Paula's Beauty Salon gave 4,000 haircuts, shampoos, and permanents at an average price of $38. During the month, fixed costs were $22,724 and variable costs were 77% of sales. find Contribution margin in dollars Contribution margin per unit Contribution margin...
A company which mines bauxite decides to short aluminum futures. This is an example of __________ to limit its risk. A. cross hedging B. long hedging C. spreading D. speculating
Which of the following statements is true with respect to cumulative voting? Question 16 options: A) Cumulative voting permits multiple votes for a single director. B) Cumulative voting gives minority shareholders a better chance of being represented on the board of directors. C)...
Scenario: Jeff, Bob and I want to start a company. We will be manufacturing Supreme Variable Franistats for consumption on the local market. They have already been accepted by manufacturers who can use them to replace bulky electronics and reduce their cost of manufacturing. Here is the first...
an asset characterized by cash flows that increase at a constant rate forever is called a
2. Decedent s will states Upon my husband s death, such property shall be distributed to my siblings and their issue as he shall so appoint. If he fails to appoint, then in equal shares to my nieces and nephews then living. This is an example of which of the following: A. A general...
Suppose three honest individuals gave you their estimates of stock x's intrinsic value. One person is your current roommate, the second person is a professional security analyst with an excellent reputation on Wall Street and the third person is Company X's CFO. If the three estimates...
3. A general power of appointment subject to an ascertainable standard related to the best interests of the power holder will A. Not cause the property to be included in the power holder s estate. B. Not cause the amount distributed to be included in the power holder s estate. C. Cause...
Ask a new Finance Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this valuation problem?: Imagine that you are trying to evaluate the economics of purchasing an automobile. You expect the car to provide annual after-tax cash benefits of $1,200 at the end of each year and assume that you can sell the car for after-tax proceeds of $5,000 at the end of the planned 5-year ownership period. All funds for purchasing the car will be drawn from your savings, which are currently earning 6% after taxes.
- a.Identify the cash flows, their timing, and the required return applicable to valuing the car.
- b.What is the maximum price you would be willing to pay to acquire the car? Explain.
2. How do you calculate the before tax-cost of the Sony bond and the after-tax cost of the Sony bond given the following information?:
- David Abbot is interested in purchasing a bond issued by Sony. He has obtained the following information on the security:
- Sony bond
- Par value $1,000 Coupon interest rate 6% Tax bracket 20%
- Cost $930 Years to maturity 10