"You purchase 100 shares for $50 a share ($5,000), and after a year the price rises to $60. What will be the percentage return on your investment if you bought the stock on margin and the margin requirement was (a) 25%, (b) 50%, and (c)75%? (ignore commissions, dividends, and interest...
Conversely, SVF s sales, quick ratio, and fixed assets turnover ratio have remained constant. We are arguing about what could cause this. What do you think?
Questions: 1. Imagine you are Bill. Compute the expected rate of return and standard deviation of individual stocks and explain to Mary the relationship between risk and return. 2. Mary has no idea what beta means and how it is related to the required return of the stocks. Explain how you would...
O'Grady apparel company
A stock just paid a dividend of $0.75. The required rate of return is rs = 10.5%, and the expected constant growth rate is g = 6.4%. What is the stock's current price?
Swiss Enterprises is considering a project that has the following cash flow data. What is the project's payback? Year: 0 1 2 3 Cash flows: -$2,000 $1,000 $1,000 $1,000 Answer 1.50 years 1.75 years 2.00 years 2.25 years 2.50 years
describing the goals of financial management . The decription should include how earnings are valued, how shareholders wealth can be maximized, and how management decision affect stockholder wealth
LA Moving Company has the following data, dollars in thousands. If it follows the residual dividend model, what will its dividend payout ratio be?
Ask a new Finance Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this valuation problem?: Imagine that you are trying to evaluate the economics of purchasing an automobile. You expect the car to provide annual after-tax cash benefits of $1,200 at the end of each year and assume that you can sell the car for after-tax proceeds of $5,000 at the end of the planned 5-year ownership period. All funds for purchasing the car will be drawn from your savings, which are currently earning 6% after taxes.
- a.Identify the cash flows, their timing, and the required return applicable to valuing the car.
- b.What is the maximum price you would be willing to pay to acquire the car? Explain.
2. How do you calculate the before tax-cost of the Sony bond and the after-tax cost of the Sony bond given the following information?:
- David Abbot is interested in purchasing a bond issued by Sony. He has obtained the following information on the security:
- Sony bond
- Par value $1,000 Coupon interest rate 6% Tax bracket 20%
- Cost $930 Years to maturity 10