merger valuation: a corp is interested in acquiring another corp. assume that the risk-free of interest is 5% and that the market risk premium is 6%. the first corp estimates that if it acquires the 2nd corp, the year end dividend will remain at $2.00 a share, but synergies will enable the...
You just turned 30 years old, have just received your MBA, and have accepted your first job. Now you must decide how much money to put into your retirement plan. The plan works as follows: Every dollar in the plan earns 7% per year. You cannot make withdrawals until you retire on your sixty-fifty...
15 yr bond at 8.50% semi-annual payments YTM is 7.90% what is the bond price
Vandhalia Corporation is expected pay a dividend of $1.40 per share at the end of this year and a $1.50 per share at the end of the second year. You expect Vandhalia's stock price to be $25.00 at the end of two years. Vandhalia's equity cost of capital is 10% a. What is...
South Penn Trucking is financing a new truck with a loan of $10000 to be repaid in 5 annual end-of-year installments of $2504.56. What annual interest rate is the company paying?
calculate number of shares outstanding
sally company made two errors ending inventory at the end of year 1 was understated by $10,000 and ending inventory at the end of year 2 was overstated by $6,000
The market value of any real or financial asset, including stocks, bonds, or artwork purchased in hope of selling it at a profit, may be estimated by determining future cash flows and then discounting them back to the present. Is this true or false?
a. Modern Medical Devices has a current ratio of 0.5. Which of the following actions would improve (i.e., increase) this ratio? - Use cash to pay off current liabilities. - Collect some of the current accounts receivable. - Use cash to pay off some...
Southwest Physicians, a medical group practice, is just being formed. It will need $2 million of total assets to generate $3 million in revenues. Furthermore, the group expects to have a profit margin of 5 percent. The group is considering two financing alternatives. First, it...
Ask a new Finance Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. Can you help me with this valuation problem?: Imagine that you are trying to evaluate the economics of purchasing an automobile. You expect the car to provide annual after-tax cash benefits of $1,200 at the end of each year and assume that you can sell the car for after-tax proceeds of $5,000 at the end of the planned 5-year ownership period. All funds for purchasing the car will be drawn from your savings, which are currently earning 6% after taxes.
- a.Identify the cash flows, their timing, and the required return applicable to valuing the car.
- b.What is the maximum price you would be willing to pay to acquire the car? Explain.
2. How do you calculate the before tax-cost of the Sony bond and the after-tax cost of the Sony bond given the following information?:
- David Abbot is interested in purchasing a bond issued by Sony. He has obtained the following information on the security:
- Sony bond
- Par value $1,000 Coupon interest rate 6% Tax bracket 20%
- Cost $930 Years to maturity 10