Draw the Young diagram of the partition (4,4,3,1,1). Describe the geometric relationship between the Young diagram of (5,3,3,2) and the Young diagram of (4,4,3,1,1).
11. ECON 953 ONLY: Suppose that yt = zt + zt 1, t = 1; 2; :::; T, where z0; z1; z2; :::; zT are independent random variables, each with moment generating function E(exp( zt)) = m( ): (a) Express the joint moment generating function of the y's, E(exp( PT t=1 tyt)); in terms of the...
2. Of the data contained below, please forecast forward the next 1 year, and justify the steps taken. Please feel free to use any technique you wish, or even invent your own. Week Of: Sales Monday, Jan 3, 2005 $60,996,078.36 Monday, Jan 10, 2005 $56,070,184.21...
"Two less than the quotient of a number squared and two more than the number is negative four"
ordered pair is a solution of the equation 3x+2y=-16
if a ship is off shore a length of 18 miles to observe, bearings are 35E & 37 E. what is the shortest distance to shore
write an algebraic expresion or phrase of 719 minus x
3 UNIT 3 MML HOMEWORK
A total of 440 tickets were sold for the school play. The number of student tickets sold was three times the number of adult tickets sold . How many adult tickets were sold?
A rectangular package to be sent by the U.S. Postal Service can have a maximum combined length and girth (perimeter of a cross section) of 180 inches (see figure). (a) Write the volume V of the package as a function of x.
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?