Find the domain the square root of [(9x-4)/x^2 -64]
the speed of a stream is 6 mph. if a boat travels 54 miles downstream in the same time that it takes to travel 27 miles upstream, what is the speed of the boat in still water?
find the limit as x approaches infinite x+(square root(xsquared+2x))
Suppose a second-order difference equation is of the form yn + 2 - byn = dn2 where b = 14 and d = 16. To two decimal places, what is the value of the positive root in the auxiliary equation?
If the rainfall was recorded on 20 (instead of 10) randomly selected days throughout the year, the standard error of the mean would be equal to:
Show that for an arbitrary function g : R R, it is always true that g(A B) g(A) g(B) for all sets A,B R.
A particle moves in a vertical plane under gravity and an air resistance whose magnitude per unit mass is K times the speed of the particle, where k is a positive constant. The coordinator of the particle at time t, with respect to horizontal axis ox and a vertical axis oy, are (x,y), Show that:...
if x is a bounded sequence with lim inf x= lim sup x, show that x converges.
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?