ratio of 9:10:11, divide the profit into $54000 how much will each get?
a bowl containing 36 different slips of paper. Ten of the slips of paper each contain one of the set of digits 0-9 and 26 each containing one of the twenty six letters of the alphabet. What is P (slip contains a vowel
4. One must select from a set of 25 components that are known to contain 2 faulty components. The selection is made at random so that a selection of any component is equally likely. a. What is the probability of drawing exactly 1 faulty component if 3 different components are drawn? b. What is...
A 5000-lb wrecking ball hangs from a 20-ft cable of density 5 lb/ft attached to a crane. Calculate the work done if the crane lifts the ball from ground level to 20 ft in the air by drawing in the cable
A balloon rises at a rate of 4 meters per second from a point on the ground 50 meters from an observer. Find the rate of change of the angle of elevation of the balloon from the observer when the balloon is 50 meters above the ground. I know that the answer to this question is 1/25 radians per...
NEED A ANSWER for 45 + 37 ESTIMATE USING COMPATIBLE NUMBERS
Give an example of a rational function that has vertical asymptote x=3. Now give an example of one that has vertical asymptote x=3 and horizontal asymptote y=2. Now give an example of a rational function with vertical asymptotes x=1 and x=-1, horizontal asymptote y=0, and x-intercept 4.
I want to see the new example in Riemann-Stieltjes Integrals.
a 28-years-old man pays $165 for a one year life insurance policy with coverage of $140,000. if the probability that he will live through the year is 0.9994. what is the expected value for the insurance policy?
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?