Prove that if the orientation on one component of a two-component oriented link L is reversed then its linking number is negated. What is the linking number of the mirror-image link L? Would either of these results still hold if L had three or more components?
How can I become a tutor?
What happens to the value obtained for the slope if the two coordinates of the ordered pair aren't subtracted in the same order?
You deposit $70 in a savings account that pays an annual interest rate of 3%. How much simple interest would you earn in 2.5 years?
solve by the substution method. 3x + 5y = -8 -6x + y = 38
A carpenter is buliding a rectangular room withe a fixed periimeter of 132 ft. What dimensions would yield the maximum area? What is the maximum area ? The lenght that would yeild the maximum area is blank ft.
If the claim says that >200 and the sample mean is 215, we can say that the claim is true because it is obvious even without a formal test. true or false?
1. If the claim says that the population mean is greater 200 and the sample mean is 215, we can say that the claim is true even without a formal test.
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?