females who scored a mean of 160 with a standard deviation of 9 on the test of anxiety. If we randomly sampled one score from the population, what is the probability it would be equal to or greater than a score of 128. Our definition of probability with a continuous variable is p(A) = area under...
A poster is to have an area of 190 in2 with 1 inch margins at the bottom and sides and a 3 inch margin at the top. What dimensions will give the largest printed area? (Give your answers correct to one decimal place.)
A truck can be rented from company A for $140 per day and $0.20 per mile. Company B charges $50 per day plus $0.50 per mile to rent the same truck. How many miles must be driven in a day to make the rental cost for Company A less than the rental cost of Company B?
Demonstrate by determining the slope of "3x + 5y = 19."
Given that x is an integer and -2<x<2, state the relation represented by y=|-4|-6 by listing a set of ordered pairs. Then state whether the relation is a function.
I attach assignment thank you
a chemist needs 160 millililters of a 62% solution but has only 47% and 95% solutions available. Find how many milliliters of each that should be mixed to get the desired aolution.
The measure of an angle in standard position is given. Find two positive angles and two negative angles between -720 and 1080 that are coterminal with the given angle. 150
A bucket that weights 2 kg and a loop of negligible weight are user to draw water from a well that is 8 meters deep. The bucket is filled with 10 kg of water and is pulled up at a rate of 1 m / s. The water leaks out of a hole in the bucket at a rate 0.1kg / s. Find the work done in pulling the...
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?