Find the rate of change for the situation. You run 7 miles in one hour and 21 miles in three hours. (
Gravel is being dumped from a conveyor belt at a rate of 50 cubic feet per minute. It forms a pile in the shape of a right circular cone whose base diameter and height are always equal to each other. How fast is the height of the pile increasing when the pile is 16 feet high?
derivative of cos(cosx)
If a rock is thrown upward on the planet Mercury with a velocity of 8 m/s, its height in meters t seconds later is given by y = 8t - 1.86t2.
a formula reflecting the price estimate for a house based on the number of square feet that need to be painted
ABCD is a quadrilateral with BC perpendicular to AB and DE is perpindicular to AB. If AB is 38 yard and EB equals 18 yards, BC equals 13 yards, and DE equals 15 yards. Find the area of ABCD
2sinxcosy=sin(x+y)+sin(x-y) -is this equation true no matter what angles are substituted for x and y?
The circumference of a sphere was measured to be 83 .000 cm with a possible error of 0 .50000 cm. Use linear approximation to estimate the maximum error in the calculated surface area.
To approximate the length of a lake, a surveyor starts at one end of the lake and walks 245 yards. He then turns 110 and walks 270 yards until he arrives at the other end of the lake. Approximately how long is the lake?
Suppose that 480 ft of fencing is used to enclose a corral in the shape of a rectangle with a semicircle whose diameter is a side of the rectangle. (In the figure below, the blue outline represents the fencing.) Find the dimensions of the corral with maximum area.
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?