The manager of a large apartment complex knows from experience that 80 units will be occupied if the rent is 440 dollars per month. A market survey suggests that, on the average, one additional unit will remain vacant for each 10 dollar increase in rent. Similarly, one additional unit will be...
A study conducted at a certain college shows that 61% of the school's graduates find a job in their chosen field within a year after graduation. Find the probability that 9 randomly selected graduates all find jobs in their chosen field within a year of graduating.
P(A0)=1/64, P(A1)=9/64, P(A2)=27/64
what math level is after mth95?
The manager of a Lay's Potato Chip packaging plant is concerned that bags are being overfilled. The mean weight of chips put into the bags on the production line is supposed to be 28.3 grams. The manager selects a random sample of 6 bags from the production line; he carefully weighs the...
why X est martingale, Xn is adapted to (Zn : n 0) but E[Xn|Zn] Xn
a food relief parcel of mass 80 kg is being lowered vertically to the ground, ny means of a cable, from a helicopter. assuming there is no air resistance, calculate the tension in the cable when the parcel is being lowered with acceleration 0.5 m/s.
The attachment uses the exact symbols: Let f: A-> B, and D is a subset of A, E is a subset of B. (a) Prove that D is a subset of the inverse of f (f(D)). Also, Give an example where D is not equal the inverse of f (f(D)). (b) Prove that f(f^-1 (E)) is a subset of E. Also, give an...
Exercise 3. (8 marks) Let be the relation on the set Z of all integers de ned by: m n provided that 10m + n is divisible by 11. 1. Prove that is an equivalence relation. 2. What is the equivalence class of 0 2 Z? 3. How many equivalence classes are there?
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?