At noon, ship A is 10 nautical miles due west of ship B. Ship A is sailing west at 21 knots and ship B is sailing north at 16 knots. (Note: 1 knot is a speed of 1 nautical mile per hour.) Determine how fast (in knots) is the distance between the ships is changing at 5 PM? Start by drawing a...
Find two numbers whose difference is 32 and whose product is a minimum.
Find the y-intercept. -2x - y = -10 (Points : 1) (10, 0) (5, 0) (0, 5) (0, 10)
A rectangular lot whose perimeter is 260 feet is fenced along three sides. An expensive fencing along the lot s length costs $16 per foot, and an inexpensive fencing along the two side widths costs only $5 per foot. The total cost of the fencing along the three sides comes to $1780.What are...
A compan y produces packets of soap powder labeled "Giant Size 32 Ounces." The actual weight of soap powder in a box has a normal distribution, with a mean of 33 oz. and a standard deviation of 0.7 oz. What proportion of packets are underweight (i.e., weigh less than 32 oz.)?
The value V, in dollars, of a shopkeeper's inventory software program is given by V = -40t + 350, where t is the number of years since the shopkeeper first bought the program. Find the value of the software after 0 yr, 4 yr, and 6 yr.
1/3t - 9 = 3
what is the math to get 1/3 of $18.00
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?