If 5 J of work are needed to stretch a spring from 9 cm to 10 cm and 7 J are needed to stretch it from 10 cm to 11 cm, what is the natural length L of the spring?
5n2 + 7n
Your dog boarding kennel will charge a daily rate to board a dog. The function R(d) represents the revenue from boarding dogs for 1 day. If the daily rate per dog is $15.50, write the function that describes the revenue. Evaluate the revenue of boarding 5 dogs for 1 day. Evaluate the...
Suppose the window in the previous problem has clear glass in its rectangular part and colored glass in the semicircular part. If the colored glass transmits only half as much light per square foot as the clear glass does, what are the dimensions of the window that transmits the most light? (The...
A hot-air balloon exerts a 1200-lb pull on a tether line at 45 degree angle with the horizontal. Resolve the vector for B into components.
the perimeter of a rectangle is 316 yds and the length is 99 yds what is the width
Suppose you pay $2.00 to roll a fair die with the understanding that you will get back $4.00 for rolling a 1 or a 2, nothing otherwise. What is your expected net winnings?
daffynition decoder plumber and centimeter
The perimeter of a rectangle is 188 inches. The length exceeds the width by 82 inches. Find the length and the width
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?