Subjects in a sample, when properly selected, should possess
A delegaton of 3 is selected from a city council made up of 5 liberals and 5 conservatives. What is the expected numbers of liberals in the delegation?
The imaginary number i is defined such that i2 = 1. What does i + i2 + i3 + ... + i 23 equal?
in a triangular garden, the two sides that form a right angle measure 6ft and 8ft. How long is the third side of the garden?
A customer picks a sample of 5 oranges at random from a crate containing 75 oranges, of which 6 are rotten. What is the probability that the sample contains 1 or more rotten oranges?
What is the 2 dimensional backward Taylor series expansion
See Attachment. All the question are answered except under were it say page 484 number 2, 4, and 6. Please make sure the answere are correct and fix if incorrect. thank you for all your help.
If y varies inversely as x and y = 725 when x = 20, find x when y is 50.
The upper right-hand corner of a piece of paper, 7 cm by 5 cm, as in the figure, is folded over to the bottom edge. How would you fold it so as to minimize the length of the fold? (In other words, how would you choose so as to minimize ?.)
A box contains five $1 bills, ten $2 bills, three $5 bills, four $10 bills, one $20 bill, one $50 bill and one $100 bill. You get one turn to reach in and pick out one bill. What would you need to charge to make this a fair game? Please show the expected value.
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?