Let f(x)=2/(1+(e^-x)), x=all real nunbers (a)Determine where f(x) is increasing and where it is decreasing (b)Where is the function concave up and where is it concave down? Find all inflection points of f(x) (c)Find lim (x-->infinity) f(x) and decide whether f(x) has a horizaontal...
Find the local maxima and minima of the function. Determine whether the function have absolute maxima and minima, and if so, find their coordinates. Find inflection points. Find intervals on which the function is increasing, on which it is decreasing, on which it is concave up, and on which it...
this stem and leaf plot shows how long it took each student in a class to complete their homework. minutes to complete homework 84,69,78,32,32,32 32 32 ,34 stem leaves 3:2 2 4 2 2 2 2 4: 5: 6:9 7:8 6 8:4
he line represents an estimate of the average cost of gasoline each year. The line estimates the price of gasoline in January of each year ( Consumer price index, 2006). a. Do you expect the lines to be intersecting, parallel, or perpendicular? Explain your reasoning....
Below is the summarized fequency distribution table for a group of professional basketball players' heights. Find the mean height from the frequency distribution. Round your answer to one decimal place. Height (inches) 70-71 f-2 72-73 f-7 74-75 f-8 76-77 f- 10 78-79 f-10 80-81 f-4 82-83 f-1
A delegation of 3 is selected from a city council made up of 5 liberals and 5 conservatives. What is the expected number of liberalsin the delegation? What is the expected numbers of liberals?
A committee of 3 members is selected from a club made up of 11 junior members and 19 senior members. What is the expected number of junnior in the committee? What is the expected number of juniors?
Explain how the values of the slop affect the overall meaning of the equation.
how can i use weighted least squares for longitudinal data
There once was a young adventurous man who found among his great-grandfather's papers a piece of parchment that claimed to reveal the location of a hidden treasure. The instructions read: Sail to 17o North latitude and 88o West longitude where thou wilt find a deserted island. There...
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?