from a window 33 above the street the angle of elevation of a building across the street is 46 degrees, the angle to the base of the building depression is 18 degrees. Find the height of the building across the street
box with volume 196 cubic inches,surface area 280 square inches,and length that is twice the width.
A poster is to have an area of 150 in2 with 3 inch margins at the bottom and sides and a 5 inch margin at the top. What dimensions will give the largest printed area? (Give your answers correct to one decimal place.)
whats an antonym for Alternate Exterior Angles?
1. A password for certain computer system consists of 3 lower-case letters (a-z) followed by 3 digits (0-9). a. How many different passwords are possible if no restrictions are imposed? b. How many different passwords are possible if no character (letter or digit) can be repeated in the...
2. A software company employs 8 sales representatives and 10 technical representatives. In how many ways can a committee of 5 be chosen, if the committee must have at least 4 sales representatives on it?
3. Each of group of 8 avid Colorado Buffaloes fans has painted one of the letters C-O-L-O- R-A-D-O on their chest for the homecoming game. (Assume that they have done this correctly and all the letters are represented the correct number of times.) a. If these 8 fans randomly line up, what is the...
4. A legislative committee consists of 6 Democrats and 4 Republicans. A subcommittee of 3 must be chosen. a. In how many different ways can a subcommittee of 3 be chosen? b. In how many different ways can a subcommittee of 3 be chosen, if 2 must be Democrats and 1 a Republican? c. What is...
24. Test car A is traveling at a rate of 146 ft/sec . Test car B is traveling at a rate of 93 mi/h. Which car is moving at the faster rate?
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?