a boat's crew rowed 9 miles downstream, with the current, 1.5 hours. the return trip upstream , against the current , covered the same distance, but took 3 hours. find the crew's rowing rate in still water and the rate of the current
Suppose that vehicles taking a particular freeway exit can turn right (R), turn left (L), or go straight (S). Consider observing the direction for each of three successive vehicles. a. List all outcomes in the event A that all three vehicles go in the same direction. b. List all outcomes in the...
50 feet total. length is 4 times the width. Find length and width
Tron used the equation y = 100 + 25x to track his savings y after x months. If the answer is $250, what is the question?
a full 60- gallon water storage tank drains at a raye of 3 gallons per minute. suppose water is added to the tank at a rate of 2 gallons a minute. how long will it take to drain the tank?
make a table and graph for y =x + 7
an oil deposit initially contained 40,000 tons of oil but eaach month they pump out 12.4%. How much is left after 1 month?
Two recording devices are set 2200 feet apart, with the device at point A to the west of the device at point B. At a point on a line between the devices, 300 feet from point B, a small amount of explosive is detonated. The recording devices record the time the sound reaches each one. How far...
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?