what is 9.95 rounded to the nearest tenth
A company wishes to manufacture a box with a volume of 52 cubic feet that is open on top and is twice as long as it is wide. Find the width of the box that can be produced using the minimum amount of material. Round to the nearest tenth, if necessary.
when a radio active substance decays, the number N of grams remaining from an initial mass N0 is given by N=N0(1/2)n, where n is the number of half-lives for which the substance is decayed. Given that the half-life for tritium is 15 years, find the rate in (grams/half-life) at which a 77-gram...
how many ounces of a 13% alcohol solution and a 37% alcohol solution must be comined to obatin 72 ounces of a 14% solution
The upper left-hand corner of a piece of paper 8 in. wide by 17 in. long is folded over to the righthand edge as in the figure. How would you fold it so as to minimize the length of the fold? In other words, how would you choose x to minimize y?
the evel of significance,a, is the probability of making a
Question 10 Picture Framing. The outside of a picture frame measures 14 in. by 20 in.; 160 in2 of picture shows. Find the width of the frame. (5 pts)
Differentiate the function. y = 3^(-1/x)
A grapefruit is tossed straight up with an initial velocity of 37 ft/sec. The grapefruit is 9 feet above the ground when it is re- leased. Its height at time t is given by
find a positive angle less than 2 pi that is coterminal with (-pi / 100)
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?