write an algebraic model for problem.let x represent the height of the flagpole
The price function for selling Squinks is p = 165 - 6x. Sales are 36 per day and dropping at 5 per day. How quickly is revenue changing?
25. The formula gives the velocity v in feet per second of an object that has fallen h feet. Find the velocity of an object that has fallen 93 feet. Round to the nearest hundredth.
Consider the space X of all polynomials in t of degree 2, that is all polynomials of the form x(t) = (a1)t^2 + (a2)t + a3 where the constants (ai) are real numbers. a.) Is the operator L such that y=Lx iff y(t)=(t+1)(dx/dt) a linear transformation? b.)Represent L as a matrix operator with...
an airplane is flying at an altitude of 7 mi and passes directly over a radar antenna as shown in the figure. when the plane is 10 mi from the antenna (s=10) the radar detects that the distance s is chnanging at the rate of 300 mph. what is the speed of the airplane at that moment
Write a linear differential equation relating motor speed (Wm) to armature voltage (Ea) by manipulating the following equations: (1) - (T)=(Kt)*(C) (2) - (Em)=(Kb)*(Wm) (3) - (Lm)*(d/dt)(C) + (Rm)*(C) + (Em) = (Ea) (4) - J*(d/dt)(Wm) + (B)(Wm) = T (hint solve for arm current (i) by...
At a party I gave, attended only by couples, some people shook hands. Upon enquiry, I discovered at the end that everyone else had shaken a different number of hands. How many hands did my spouse shake?
the length of a rectangular yar is 50 ft, and its perimeter is less than 170 ft. describe the width of the yard.
the rate of growth of a particular population is given by Dp/dt=50t^2-60t^3/2 where t is time in years. If the initial population is 25,000, how long will it take the population to double?
short note on perturbation
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?