Solve the equation by the method of your choice. Simplify solutions, if possible. 7 - 7x = (4x + 9)(x - 1)
8x^2 * (e^-3x)
Systems of equations can be solved by four methods: graphing, substitution, elimination, or with matrices. Which method do you prefer when solving a system of equations? Why? What circumstances would cause you to use a different method?
A person traveling 4 hr by plane and 25 hr by ship covers 1580 miles. If the speed of the plane had been one-half of the actual speed and the speed of the ship had been one-fourth greater, the person would have traveled only 1315 miles in the same lenght of time. Find the speeds of the plane and...
I just need the statement of the linear program for both: 1)Management of High Tech Services (HTS) would like to develop a model that will help allocate their technicians' time between service calls to regular contract customers and new customers. A maximum of 80 hours of technician...
9xsquared - 15x + 4
Prove that if H,K are normal subgroups of G and HK=G, then G/(H intersect K)is isomorphic to (G/H)X(G/K)
patrolmen jones and smith are sitting in the patrol var parked on the service road to i35 etween dallas and waco. they know tat, based on previous studies, the speeds of cars on the highway at that point are normally distributed with a mean of 78mph and a standard deviation of 6mph. patrolman...
Ask a new Math Question
Tips for asking Questions
- Provide any and all relevant background materials. Attach files if necessary to ensure your tutor has all necessary information to answer your question as completely as possible
- Set a compelling price: While our Tutors are eager to answer your questions, giving them a compelling price incentive speeds up the process by avoiding any unnecessary price negotiations
1. I’m having problems with my math. Can you help me? All I need is an example just to make sure I'm on track.
- Solve the following
- a) 3/(n+1)-1/(n+1)=14/(n^2-1)
- b) 1/(y-1 )+y/(1-y)
- d) (x-2)/(8x-24)*(5x-15)/(x^2 -4)
- e) z/(z-1)+1/2=3/z
- f) (x-3)/(x^2+2x-15)-(4-x)/(x^2-9x+20)
- 2. How do I set up this problem? An exam contains five "true or false" questions. How many of the 32 different ways of answering these questions contain 3 or more incorrect answers?